Club History (1997 - Present Day)
The idea of starting up a football team was banded around by a group of workers at Action Images, a sports photographic agency in 1997. The group had been playing in a nearby park in Tottenham Hale after work with some friends. After some extensive research, the club's appointed secretary, Steve Behan, found a place in the Forest District Sunday League. Each of the founder members (approximately numbering 12) were asked to contribute £50 for registration and pitch fees, and a further contribution from Action Images Managing Director, David Jacobs, gave the team home and away kits. A TEAM WAS BORN.
Soon enough extra players were enticed towards the team, whether they came from the growing workforce at Action Images, or by their association with existing players.The club's first ever game, a pre-season friendly against Balham, was played in early September 1997, and despite a 3-1 defeat, everyone had learnt a lot from the experience. It was only a pity the league began the following week, so everyone had to gel very quickly.
At the end of the 1997/98 season, Action Images were promoted to Division 4 after finishing in mid-table. By the start of the second season the team had a very different look, with several of the first season's players making way for a new generation. A season of mediocrity and inconsistency, there were highs (the 6-5 victory over Dog and Duck in the cup) and there were lows (the 11-2 defeat by Anthes, who went on to win the league unbeaten), but the club set its sights higher in the 1999/2000 season. Unfortunately these dreams were shattered during the course of the campaign with the team going out of both cups at the first hurdle and struggling to find consistency in the league. A change of formation from 4-4-2 to 3-5-2 briefly lifted the team but this was short lived, as more key players were added to the injury list.

Balham 3 Action Images FC 1

Action Images 9 Rising Sun 3
This season also saw the shock departure of manager Gavin Clay after his controversial refereeing performance against Dog & Duck. His decisions during the match were questioned by many of his own players at full time, not least the blatant attack by one Dog & Duck player on striker Lee Beskeen. The torrent of abuse received by his own players after the match proved to be the final straw for the gaffer, so a replacement had to be found. The problem was quickly resolved by the appointment of managerial duo, Jarvis Burt (assistant manager during Gavin Clay's tenure in charge) & John Behan (the player's choice).
The end of the season saw the end of an era. Action Images FC was no more. After a series of discussions it was decided to change the club's name. A number of suggestions were made, and the players were polled to make a decision. By far the most popular name, based on our kit and its origins, and the fact that we wanted to sound a bit Brazilian, was Vasco De Barnet. A TEAM WAS REBORN.
The new managerial combination was to prove more successful than most could have hoped. Despite the departure of Jarvis, due to family reasons, near the end of the season, Vasco achieved their highest ever league finish - fourth - and reached the semi final of the Alfred Sturgess Cup, only to be beaten by bitter rivals Hoppers B. With Adam Jones taking on the role of player-assistant manager, the new-look Vasco were determined to finally bring home some silverware. The following season , Vasco earned their first piece of silverware. After finishing strongly in the league and performing excellently in both cups, Vasco won the Alfred Sturgess Cup Final after an 85th minute goal from Lee Hunt saw off a stubborn Lloyds Park side in front of a packed crowd at Leytonstone Pennant.

Vasco De Barnet 4 Duke of Edinburgh 0

The team went from strength to strength in the 2002/2003 Season. Vasco went one better than last year and secured the Waltham Forest District League Division Two championship. Vasco lost two games that season but still needed a 2-2 draw between Leyton Trades and New North Park on the final game of the season to confirm their status of CHAMPIONS!. Most of the squad went over to watch the game and celebrated long in to the afternoon as the full time whistle went.
Vasco struggled to get a full strength side every week the following season and unsurprisingly struggled in the league, eventually being relegated. During the season it was decided that Vasco would move to the Waltham Mercury Football League for the next season, as it was a league closer to most of the players in the team.
At the start of the 2004/2005 season, Vasco de Barnet made some sweeping changes. 1) The team would now be called FC Vasco. 2) Lee Kill would become the new club captain - Adam Jones was the captain but stepped down due to his assistant manager role. 3)FC Vasco would wear a new kit for the season and 4) Founder Member, Paul Farenden, would become new club chairman.

The first season as FC Vasco almost saw the team secure an unprecedented double. After defeat in the Junior cup final against Tolmers, FC Vasco dug in to secure the Division Five League title. On a cold wednesday night, Vasco travelled to the home of their main rivals for the title and secured an excellent 2-0 victory to be crowned CHAMPIONS once more. The 2005-06 season saw the departure of Lee Beskeen, Chris Dean and Brendan Armstrong as well as John Behan, the gaffer, relinquishing his role due to other commitments. This saw the formation of the Adam Jones / Andrew Kingsbury management team, which the official website wishes the best of luck for the forthcoming seasons.
bbc sport